Encouraging Self-Care & Independence
Financial Management is a voluntary money management support program for individuals
recovering from mental illnesses.
We provide assistance, in collaboration with the various Nassau County Case Management programs available to consumers in Nassau County, to individuals receiving case management services.
- To help individuals learn money management skills and develop budgets
- To foster the self-confidence necessary to achieve financial self-reliance
- To assist participants to move from financial management to a greater level of financial independence.
How We Accomplish Our Goals
- We develop individual budget plans.
- We provide representative payee services to individuals who have difficulty managing their personal finances.
- We take temporary responsibility for bill payment
- We act as a liaison with the Social Security Administration, the Nassau County Department of Social Services, other providers and the community-at-large.
- We offer ongoing training to help participants move from financial management to financial independence.
- We offer debt counseling.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I receive my money from financial management?
Prior to the beginning of the program, you will meet with your Case Manager and financial management to discuss a plan that will work best for you.
This can include a regularly scheduled weekly appointment to pick up a check at the Financial Management Office. If necessary, other arrangements can also be made at that time.
How will I know how much money I have in my account?
All of your financial records are confidential.
Your Case Manager can request and you will receive a ledger which will outline all of you account information including income received, bills paid and savings, if any. Financial Management staff will review this ledger with you and explain any questions you may have.
What happens if there is an emergency and I need money quickly?
You will contact your Case Manager and explain the nature of the emergency. Your Case Manager will then contact the Financial Management office and, if necessary, request the emergency funds.
How do I get off Financial Management?
Participation in Financial Management is voluntary. If you choose to leave the program, both Financial Management and your Case Manager will assist you to take the steps necessary to disenroll you from the program.
For Inquires & Enrollment Information
Financial Management Coordinator
Mon-Fri., 9 am-5 pm
16 Main Street
Hempstead, NY 11550
Phone: 516-489-2322 1310